Weide & Miller’s copyright attorneys have an extensive range of experience in the clearance, prosecution, monitoring, enforcement, and licensing of copyrighted works. The firm’s services include negotiating and drafting license agreements with third party licensees as well as copyright acquisition and assignment agreements. Weide & Miller also helps clients register their copyrights with U.S. Customs in order to prevent the importation of infringing goods.
Weide & Miller’s extensive background and understanding of copyright law allows the firm to effectively represent clients who may find themselves on the receiving end of a copyright infringement lawsuit. Weide & Miller counsels clients on the merits of any such infringement claims as well as the best course of action to take under such circumstances.
Weide & Miller also acts as a Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) agent for websites and internet companies. When Weide & Miller registers as a company’s DMCA agent with the U.S. Copyright Office, that company becomes eligible for the DMCA “Safe Harbor” provisions which shield interactive websites from claims of copyright infringement arising from the actions of its users. Instead of a federal copyright infringement lawsuit, rights holders must follow a notice and take-down procedure.
For clients seeking to understand and minimize any possible risk of infringing any third party copyright rights, Weide & Miller also provides copyright infringement analysis and legal opinions.
Weide & Miller’s Copyright Services include the following:
- Preparation and Filing of Copyright Registration Applications
- Copyright Registration Prosecution including appeals
- Preparing Copyright Infringement Opinion Letters
- Negotiating and Drafting Copyright License Agreements and Assignment Agreements
- Copyright Enforcement
- U.S. Customs Copyright Recordation
- Sending and Responding to Cease and Desist Letters
- Representing Plaintiffs and Defendants in Copyright Infringement Litigation
- Registering as a website’s DMCA agent for service of take-down notices