Mr. Weide has worked exclusively since 1991 as an intellectual property attorney. Mr. Weide started his career at Knobbe, Martens, Olson & Bear, one of the largest intellectual property firms in the United States. In 1999, Mr. Weide started what would become the law firm of Weide & Miller, Ltd., in Las Vegas.
Mr. Weide has significant experience preparing and prosecuting well over one thousand foreign and domestic patent applications covering a wide variety of technologies, as well as trademark, copyright, trade secret and litigation matters. Mr. Weide also handles patent screening, patent infringement analysis, licensing and prior art searching.
Mr. Weide is the author or co-author of several intellectual property related articles, including Patent Enforcement Deterrence: Liberal Assertions of Personal Jurisdiction in Declaratory Judgment Actions which appears in the University of Missouri-Kansas City Law Review at Vol. 65, No. 2 (Winter 1996), and the article Violation of the Erie Doctrine: Application of a Rule of Federal Common Law to Issues of Patent License Assignments, which appears in the Creighton University School of Law Law Review at Vol. 32, No. 4 (April 1999). Mr. Weide was a winner of a Nathan Burkan Memorial Writing Competition Award for his article regarding copyright law entitled Digital Audio Tape: Can It Be Saved From a Death by Politics?
- All Phases of Patent Law and Counseling
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Creighton University School of Law Juris Doctorate, Summa Cum Laude
- University of Nebraska Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Additional Experience and Expertise
- Pi Tau Sigma and Tau Beta Pi, academic engineering honor societies
- American Society Mechanical Engineers
Bar & Court Admissions
- Nevada State Bar
- California State Bar
- United States District Court for Nevada
- United States District Court: Eastern and Central Districts of California
- Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit