David J. Zibelli
Mr. Zibelli has over twenty-five years’ experience representing clients in U.S and foreign patent preparation and prosecution matters in a wide array of technological fields. Mr. Zibelli has obtained patents for clients in technologies including the electrical, mechanical, software, semiconductors, display devices, image processing, automotive, systems control, and gaming arts. Mr. Zibelli has represented some of the largest multi-national corporations and independent inventors before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, including arguing patent appeals before the Patent Trial and Appeals Board.
Prior to working at Weide & Miller, Mr. Zibelli worked at several of the highest ranked patent law firms in the nation according to Intellectual Property Today. Mr. Zibelli gained valuable experience in all aspects of patent law including patent prosecution, patent litigation and preparing validity, infringement, and freedom to operate opinions. Mr. Zibelli also handles licensing and prior art searching matters.
Mr. Zibelli graduated from The University of New Hampshire School of Law in May 1993, with a focus on patent law. Prior to law school, Mr. Zibelli worked as an electrical engineer at Teradyne Company in Boston, Massachusetts and at Raytheon Company in Sudbury, Massachusetts.
- All Phases of Patent Procurement and Counseling
- Litigation Support and Technology Counseling, Validity, Infringement Analysis and Opinions
- The University of New Hampshire School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Boston University Bachelor of Science, in Electrical Engineering
Bar and Court Admissions
- Virginia State Bar
- United States District Court: Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Patent and Trademark Office